We are a group of pianists and qualified educators with a strong passion for teaching and music. At the Calgary Music School, our motto is, "For the love of Music." We apply this saying through our effort in sharing our passion and love towards music with every student. Our top priority is to provide lessons that are fun and enjoyable for all ages! To ensure this, we tailor our lessons to suit each student. We encourage our students to work hard through the best of their ability, while continuously supporting them. Additionally, we work to build each student up both physically and mentally to ensure their fundamentals in music. As teachers, we treasure and care deeply for each of our students, and hope to watch them grow throughout their music career!
Our Teaching Virtues
Development in musicality as a pianist is crucial, as it defines the individualistic style. We're here to help each student develop a sense of musicality throughout their music career!
We believe that every student deserves personalized lessons that suit their needs, interests, and pace in learning. Each individual differs through age, style, and learning approach.
Success is built through individual development. We aim to build a strong foundation in technicality, musicianship, and musicality within every student!
Chances and opportunities to perform are crucial towards performance experience. We provide our students with endless performing opportunities like our recitals!
My name is Leanna and I am strongly passionate about music and teaching piano. I aim to foster the growth and expansion of every student through music. A goal I hope to accomplish as a teacher is to grow a personal relationship with each of my students. I am currently working on achieving my Associate of the Royal Conservatory of Toronto (ARCT) Diploma in piano performance.
List of Credentials:
- Completed the Royal Conservatory of Music levels 1-10
- Over 13 years of experience in piano performance
- Extensive teaching experience in piano, theory, history, & harmony
- Completed ALL RCM theory levels, ALL RCM harmony levels, & history level 9 & 10
- Accomplished honours & first class honours in several RCM practical and written exams
- Participated in countless RCM exams, recitals & extracurricular music performances
- Experience as a piano accompanist
- Appointed as music director for a play
- Church pianist and musician
Hello! My name is Leonard, and I am currently an ARCT student working towards my diploma. I have been playing piano for nearly 14 years. I am also a music coordinator for our Church's worship ministry and can offer improvisation lessons.
List of Credentials:
- Completed RCM levels 5-8 in theory
- Completed RCM levels 9,10 & ARCT in harmony
- Completed RCM levels 9,10 & ARCT in history
- Performed at many recitals
- Main church keyboardist
- Music coordinator for church worship ministry